Simple Tuna Spagetti

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This is my fav food, and pass-down to my girl, Nisa :) I used to eat this almost daily when I was pregnant with her, so no wonder the taste stick to her, right? While in Japan, it's hard to get chicken, so you don't need to mention beef, I mean halal ones, since we are Muslims, so, it was my dad's idea to replace chicken with tuna! I like Campcell's Prego spagetti sauce, so I always use these - either the original Tomato sauce or Tomato, Basil & Garlic. The recipe is similar to Macaroni Gratin's but for this recipe, I'm using fresh tomatoes.  Don't forget your grated Parmesan cheese! It's very easy for a busy mama! You can also cook the sauce upfront and freeze it, then reheat it in the microwave for future 'emergency' use.


100g spagetti (you can also use any type of pasta - ribbons, elbows, fetuccini, etc)
2 garlic sliced
3-4 tomatoes chopped or diced
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 can of tuna flakes
Sprinkles of oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and salt
A little water as needed
* Optional - other seafood such as prawns, squids, clams, mussels, etc
* Optional - 3-4 button mushrooms sliced or chopped

Heat up the oil and fry garlic till fragrant, add in tomatoes. Till will take some time as you need to cook the tomatoes till it became some kind of sauce, adding in spoonfuls of water as and when needed. Chopped tomatoes will take shorter time than diced, but alternatively, you could just blend them *grin* Diced tomatoes will look like the picture, not much of a sauce. Once the sauce is bubbly, add in tuna flakes and either mushrooms or other seafood if used. Once those are cooked, sprinkle in the herbs to your taste. You could add in the spagetti into the pan and mixed them, but my family like the sauce pour on top, and mixed it themselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BZ Mama's Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino